Atrial Fibrillation Education & Research
We contribute to improving care for people with Atrial Fibrillation.
Education for other Medical Professionals
Atrial Fibrillation Institute specialists providing a range of accredited educational activities for GPs and other specialists, as part of the Queensland Cardiovascular Group. These include CPD dinners and networking events, online learning and an annual face-to-face GP education conference.
We work with a number of other specialists and education providers to ensure our CPD meets the highest standards.
Register for our Referrers’ Atrial Fibrillation Update for advance notice of our upcoming events.
- Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation by Dr John Hayes
- Heart Rhythms and Atrial Fibrillation by Dr John Hayes
- Heart Rhythm Symptoms by Dr Rob Perel
- Atrial Fibrillation by Dr Robert Perel
- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy (CRT): Choosing When & How to Use Cardiac Devices by Dr Michael Adsett
- Cardiology: Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Cardiology: Implantable Loop Recorder (ILR) by Dr Robert Perel
- The Future of Structural Interventional Cardiology by Dr Roland Hilling-Smith (learn about Left Atrial Appendage Closure from 40:15)
Research at the Atrial Fibrillation Institute
Our team are extensively involved in Australian and International multicentre trials to advance knowledge and treatments for Atrial Fibrillation.
Some of these include:
- COMFORT Study
- STAR-AF Trial
- Medtronic ICD Studies
- Medtronic Pacing Lead Studies
- Boston Scientific Ingevity Lead Study
- St Jude Medical Multipoint Pacing Study
- ThermoCool SmartTouch Registry
Our team have an extensive list of publications in medical journals, conference papers, presentations and posters.
Visit our Doctors’ Profiles to meet our Electrophysiologists and for more information on their publications.